A FORMER Inverness photographer has put himself firmly in the who's who for Doctor Who buffs around the world.
Published: Wed 20 Mar 2013
WHEN Inverness woman Louise Branagan woke up in hospital with a stoma bag attached to her abdomen, she openly admits it led to her experiencing suicidal thoughts.
Published: Fri 15 Mar 2013
MUIRTOWN Primary School has spent a day out and about in the Highlands learning about where their food comes from and how it gets from the fields to the plate to mark International School Meal's Day on March 8.
WITH the snow-capped hills covering much of the Highlands landscape, one's thoughts turn to the hardy few that inhabit such areas. The red deer will have long since sought lower slopes, as will the red
With over 5,300 likes on our Facebook page, the Highland News Group is reaching a global audience. We have far-flung friends in 20 countries, including 93 in the United States and 42 down under in Australia.
Travel writer Ron Smith follows in the footsteps of a Russian general who led his army over the Alps in the dead of winter with the French giving chase. Step back in time with this fascinating tale and enjoy today's breath-taking scenery .......
This stunning lansdscape of Buachaille Etive Mor in Glencoe, by Scott Robertson, 8 Lochy Crescent, Inverlochy, Fort William, was out December winner in our North Focus camera contest.
This blue tit flying out of the nest box in the garden was taken by Caroline Allan, 10a Ballifeary Road, Inveness, and is the November winner of our North Focus camera contest. The competition givs you
OCTOBER'S picture of the month was this unusual shot by Laura Wilson, The Croft, West Laroch, Ballachulish, who said: "Enjoying the sun, I took my dog Thai for a swim in the River Coe in Glencoe and managed
September's readers picture of the month was this red deer sky by Dougie Hamilton, Creagan Cottage, 4 Resaurie, Inverness. Our North Focus readers' photos competition gives you the chance to have one of
August's Picture of the Month was this bottlenose dolphin breaching in the Moray Firth at Chanonry Point at Fortrose taken by Alister Kemp, 29 Teandallon Place, Evanton.
THIS shot of Eilean Donan Castle in Wester Ross at sunset was taken by Craig Urquhart, 22 Windsor Place, Conon Bridge, and is the readers' Picture of the Month for JUly. It now goes forward to our Picture
THIS shot of a Hercules C130 aircraft out on a training exercise in the Highlands is our readers' picture of the month winner for June.
A series of sunsets from around the Highlands are our pictures of the week from readers. See this week's Highland New, North Star and Lochaber News for details of a super new contest coming soon.
- Shinnie seals summer switch to Aberdeen
- Caley Jags win to keep in European hunt
- Battling Ross County edged out by Celtic
- Future's looking brighter for mountain hares
- Blooming marvellous
- Nasty streak can get County out of the Woods
- No pain, no gain for Fort's cup assault
- Meekings keen on fresh ICT deal
- Lilies boss calls for fighting spirit
- Caley Jags go third after St Johnstone victory
- Belford Hospital replacement is just what the doctor ordered
- Tesco urged to sell off Fort William site
- Blooming marvellous
- A830 closed after winds damage high school roof
- Births and deaths on the rise in Lochaber
- New £5m A82 bypass opens
- Tesco shelves planned new supermarket in Fort William
- A82 motorists warned as Glen Righ slope stability works return
- Councillors approve plans for £10 million retail park in Fort William
- Blowing in the wind